This is a staple meal in our home (without the chillies for the kids). Not only is it super easy, quick and delicious, but it is also loaded with good carbs, proteins and fats.
• SERVES: 4
• PREP TIME: 25 mins
• COOKING TIME: 20 mins
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 10–12 florets tenderstem broccoli (or 1 small head broccoli)
- 1 and 2⁄3 cups light coconut milk
- 2⁄3 cup snow peas
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander
- 1⁄4 cup Thai basil (if you can’t find, use regular basil)
- 1 pack Fry’s Vegan Chicken-style Strips or 300 g plant-based chicken or 1 block firm tofu, pressed to remove water and then cubed 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
In a large pan heat the sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add the curry paste, ginger, spring onions and chilli, then sauté for approximately 2 minutes or until fragrant.
Add the tamari, coconut sugar, broccoli, coconut milk and peas. Bring to a simmer over low heat and cook for 10–12 minutes. Add the coriander and basil in the last 5 minutes of cooking and stir through thoroughly.
In a separate pan, lightly fry the vegan strips or tofu in the sesame oil until warmed through (approximately 6 minutes). Add the maple syrup and allow to caramelise over the strips or tofu (approximately 2 minutes). Remove from the heat and sprinkle over the sesame seeds.